≡ Menu

Get my Video Training free: ‘How to Feel Better’ and start transforming your life today.
Yes, please!

Farm Camp 2013 – 20 New Little Farmers

What an amazing week we had with 20 new friends helping out on the farm!  Your kids got to experience the rhythms and traditions of farm life and the daily chores that need to be done: everyday we fed the brand new baby calves, collected eggs, fed the chickens.

Farm Camp was a great place for these kids to take risks – hold a chicken, pick up a horse’s hoof and get on and ride, milk a cow.  By taking these risks we saw their self confidence and problem solving skills improve daily.

By Friday these farm chores were now normal routine and we loved seeing their personal  growth and improved confidence.

Moms and Dads – please scroll to below these photos and leave a comment – tell us what your kids loved about Farm Camp! We love hearing what you have to say  😀

Hugs to all our new little farmers!

xo
Charlotte and Marc

{ 6 comments… add one }
  • Heidi Williams July 22, 2013, 10:01 pm

What a special and unforgettable experience. My daughter loved farm camp and was so excited to go each day. On the last day, she asked if she could go the following week! I laughed and told her she would have to wait for next summer! Her favorite part was, of course, riding the horse. Thanks so much Marc and Charlotte for providing such a comfortable, informative and entertaining camp for kids.

• Charlotte Smith July 22, 2013, 10:05 pm

Thank you, Heidi!! We loved meeting and getting to know Ellie 🙂 Looking forward to seeing her again!!

• Krista July 23, 2013, 6:45 am

Sawyer had an amazing week! He kept saying his favorite part was “chores.” Friday he was so bummed that he wasn’t going back! He continually talks about the farm and how he needs to go check in on the animals again 🙂 Thank you for an amazing week! I’m so glad that the group worked together, especially given the age range. Definitely a fabulous group of kids 🙂

• Charlotte Smith July 23, 2013, 8:16 pm

How sweet he loved “chores” and needs to go check in on the animals!! We’d love to see him again for a visit!!

• Katie Heise August 16, 2013, 9:48 pm

Hayden and Hudson both enojoyed Farm Camp. They would tell us what they did everyday after My husband and I would pick them up. They looked forward to going the next day and the day after. I asked my boys what the best part was, they said “Everything!!!” They really enjoyed it. Thank you for making this happen 🙂

• Bethany September 5, 2013, 5:35 am

Our kids greatly enjoyed their time running around your farm during Farm Camp week. They loved caring for the chickens. I heard about cute baby chicks each afternoon. They were surprisingly intrigued by the bees! A highlight for them was milking one of your lovely Jersey cows and devouring the ice-cream made from it. The farm fresh eggs the kids had gathered and garden vegetables sent home with them were tasty additions to our meals that week. Wrapping up Farm Camp with a pizza party and new friends was a treat.