≡ Menu

Get Champoeg Creamery’s Magazine, ‘Raw Milk: A Love Story’, for free + recipes and healing stories from the farm!
Yes, please!

Raw Milk Kefir – it’s a miracle!

kefir blog post

Tears often flow in our Farm Store.

Not  sad tears, but instead, tears of immense joy whenever one of you drops in and shares with me your story of healing that takes place when you and your family start eating a traditional foods diet that often includes kefir.

Some of this healing may seem like minor, pesky issues – chronic constipation or diarrhea, heart burn and acid reflux, persistent digestive issues – – but when you heal these seemingly minor things you get your life back, your energy and your time, and improved relationships.

And from such an easy thing like letting milk ferment on your counter!

In today’s video you will hear a few of these powerful and moving success stories I hear all the time.  Listen to Jennifer’s story, mom of a 9 year old who’s life is forever changed due to eating kefir and she believes it’s a miracle food.

After the video leave me a comment – scroll down below here and tell me what health improvements you’ve experienced on a traditional foods diet!

Please share with as much detail as you can because your words may provide a breakthrough for someone else and be just the nudge they need to improve their nutrition and their health.

Want a kefir grain of your own to make this super-healing food?

Come visit the farm store – we’ve got lots of extra grains!

Interested in getting in on our next order of grass fed beef? More info here.

But first… hear the healing stories of kefir by clicking on the video below:

Science is catching up with us farmers.  I know we’re doing something right when we continue getting more and more calls from people frustrated that they can’t find relief with our western medical system (including calls from the medical practitioners themselves).

Then a friend suggests they call us and start to change how they eat and — voilà!! — they change how they feel.

Forward this post to your friends – you never know whose life you will help heal because you shared.

We love supporting you in your quest to eat better and feel better.

Much love,

Charlotte

Kefir Health Benefits

Rich in probiotics

Kefir contains between 7-10 billion colony-forming units of beneficial bacteria.

These probiotics improve digestive health, strengthen your immune system, and aid in the production of vitamins B12 and K (which kefir contains).

Good source of protein

One cup of kefir made with whole milk contains approximately 10 grams of protein, including all 8 essential amino acids.

Improves blood sugar levels

Like milk, kefir is low on the glycemic index (16) and can help regulate the amount of insulin produced by the pancreas. Moreover, low-glycemic index foods like kefir make you feel full faster and therefore aid weight loss.

Rich in nutrients

One cup of kefir, for instance, contains 10 percent of our RDI of vitamin, 25 percent of our RDI of vitamin D, 30 percent of our RDI of calcium and 8 grams of fat (of which 5 are saturated). It also contains varying quantities of phosphorus,iron, magnesium, manganese, and copper. Long-term consumption of kefir has been linked to improved skin and hair, superior cardiovascular health and immunity, treatment of constipation, and the elimination of unhealthy food cravings.

So, drink up!!

{ 10 comments… add one }
  • Nichole February 27, 2014, 11:21 pm

This is great info Charlotte! I love seeing what you’re up to! Thank you for being so passionate about helping others learn about healthy options!

• Charlotte Smith February 28, 2014, 4:06 pm

Thanks, Nichole, are you milking again, yet?

• Mary Lou Suckling September 30, 2016, 2:12 pm

Charlotte, when you were taking the starter out of the Kefir jar and starting another batch, do you drink out of starter jar or keep that jar for other starters?
    Bare with me, I am so excited to get started.
    Have a great day?
    Mary Lou

• Charlotte Smith September 30, 2016, 2:17 pm

If you mean when you take the grain out of the jar you got from us – you can drink that but it’s probably really super sour. I just mix it into the finished batch.

Does that answer the question?

Thanks and enjoy it!! It’s so good for you!!

• Connie October 2, 2016, 1:15 am

Hi Charlotte!
    Just wondering if one reaps the same benefits when using store bought milk for the kefir grains? Thank you!

• Charlotte Smith October 3, 2016, 8:01 pm

Yes, definitely if you can’t do rawmilk then store bought will be second best. You’ll miss out on the enzymes, but you’ll get the probiotics from the kefir.

Great question 🙂 Have a super day –

Charlotte

• Bridget H February 4, 2017, 9:45 pm

I has to be rushed to the emergency room and back in December if 2016 for rapid heart rate and blood pressure. I was prescribed Metaprol 25 milligrams 2 times a day but the reaction to the medicine was worsening. The doctor told me to put down to one today but after so many failed attempts of getting better it seems as if I gotten worse and it it up three more business at the hospital they are checking my thyroid it came back negative they check my heart they said my heart was really good so the last emergency room trip I went to with at the end of January and I decided I was going to find out what’s going on my own so after doing some research I have symptoms of IBS. I’ve always had digestive issues and had my gallbladder removed but this experience was incredibly terrible. I can leave in the emergency room back in January of this year. I decided to go a store called Nature’s Market. I’m spending over an hour and they’re speaking with the owner we come to the decision to go ahead and try some probiotics as well as raw cow Kiefer. I Am Four Days Inn on drinking kefir and taking a probiotic and my heart rate has been at a steady rate of 70 and my blood pressure has come down traumatically where I don’t have to take the medicine. I am a very spiritual person so I know God directed me to go that way. I can truly say that this is the best I have ever felt in my body in years. I figured that I was so sick that I would give anything a try. I’m so glad I did because I can truly say that I feel as if I’m being healed. I will be incorporating this in my diet everyday and I have already lost 7 pounds within 5 weeks. Can’t help but share my experience with you

• Charlotte Smith February 6, 2017, 7:34 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful testimonial!!! Others will read this and gain hope from you – I so appreciate you sharing!!

Keep up the awesome work!! We hear wonderful & amazing health recovery stories from kefir – it truly is a gift!

Charlotte

• Jeanette February 17, 2017, 2:26 pm

How much raw milk should you drink a day

• Charlotte Smith February 19, 2017, 8:48 pm

Hi Jeanette – thanks for writing! Starting out with 1/2 a cup a day would be great and work up to however much you want. Some people consume a quart or more per day, I stick to about 2 cups and find that’s the perfect amount for my needs.

You’ll sense what’s best for you but start off with 1/2 cup.

Thanks!