I am overjoyed to share our farm with your kiddos for Farm Camp!!
Fifty years ago mom and dad would send the kids to spend the week on gramma and grampa’s farm because they knew the exposure to the land, animals, and the food produced gave the kids a chance to explore nature in a hands-on way – - an experience that is often missing in today’s fast-paced society filled with electronics.
Idyllic Champoeg Creamery is the closest you will come to re-creating the comforting rituals and daily rhythms only experienced on a working farm.
Campers will fully immerse themselves in the daily flow of our farm – bottle feeding the calf, collecting/washing eggs, ride a horse, milk a cow, and turn that creamy milk into other wonderful dairy products including homemade ice cream!
Farm Camp happens for one week in July, 15-19th, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM Monday thru Friday and is limited to 20 campers. We have a full description of this on our site just click here to read: Farm Camp 2013 Description and here is just a small peek:
- Monday – care for and milk the cows
- Tuesday – use the milk straight from the cows to help make yogurt, butter, cream cheese and ice cream!
- Wednesday – collect eggs, learn about chickens, turkeys, and help care for the baby chicks
- Thursday – all about plants, gardening, soil and honeybees
- Friday – spend the day learning about, caring for and riding our horses, Ches and Jack
Please forward this to others who will be interested in having their kids learn about caring for animals, the nutritious foods from these animals, and experiencing farm life.
Also, please leave a comment below!! Tell me what you and your kids love about summer camp.
Thank you so much for reading and sharing your comments!